**This is a 2nd shift position**
Assists the Production Supervisor in the supervision of the daily activities for staff assigned to the Interiors – Production Department. Performs a variety of repetitive and non-repetitive tasks. Analyze processes and recommends process improvements.
- The Lead Interior Technician is responsible to the Supervisor and Manager of Production for the overall utilization of his/her area, to include the guidance and supervision of production staff. In addition, the Lead Technician is responsible for the following:
- To ensure safe work practices are followed.
- To plan, direct and coordinate the activities of his/her areas so as to minimize delays, and increase production and efficiency.
- To provide on the job training, coaching and to assist staff in the proper procedures, methods and practices to be followed in each respective duty.
- To make available to personnel the necessary manuals, service bulletins, airworthiness directives and other required technical data.
- To maintain equipment and tools in a serviceable and working condition.
- For ascertaining that all necessary work records are properly executed by the responsible person.
- The proper handling of all parts.
- The initiation of requisitions for stock and materials as required.
- Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on interior assemblies and subassemblies such as cabinets, seats, carpets and panels, paying particular attention to the sensitivities associated with leather, wood veneer and fabric goods.
- Works from diagrams and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws.
- Makes continuity checks on work in process and completed.
- May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications.
- May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions.
- Follows approved assembly procedures for component or aircraft structures, consulting internal procedures that have been FAA approved, original equipment manufacturers (OEM’s) technical data, and work package instructions.
- Positions and aligns subassemblies in jigs or fixtures, using measuring instruments, following blueprint lines and index points.
- Inspects completed work to identify any needed rework before signing off; ensures that repaired components meet prescribed standards and tolerances.
- Performs serviceability tests as required, utilizing test equipment specified in technical manuals.
- Completes work package documentation as required by FAA and/or repair station manual.
- Submits completed work to Quality Assurance for final/in progress inspection and certification of airworthiness.
- Regular attendance is required, overtime as needed to complete job functions.
- Complies with all applicable state and federal employment laws; and complies with Embraer’s policies.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School or GED required.
- Executive Aircraft Interior experience preferred.
- A&P and mechanical / electrical experience preferred.
- Previous Lead or Supervisory experience a preferred
- Master Interiors Technician role requiring expert skills to perform all standard and emerging tasks within the technical area assigned to
- Generally, at least 8 years of experience or greater in area of responsibility
- Experience with assembly of aircraft interior components, as well as able to use all technical data and aircraft drawings to locate part numbers and accomplish repairs.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Coaching and training skills
- Should be able to fabricate parts.
- Reads work orders, blueprints, and specifications or examines sample or damaged part or structure to determine repair or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Be proficient in the usage of air powered hand tools and related equipment.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position, must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 "Respirator Protection" regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned.