Inspects and determines airworthiness of aircraft, aircraft systems, equipment, and parts in compliance with specifications and applicable government regulations. Performs pre-flight and post flight inspections ensuring that all inspection forms are accurately completed. Works from approved drawings, FAA Regulations or other specifications
- Carries out aircraft inspections, verifying and controlling specific documentation according to the inspection process.
- Prepares reports on maintenance services and spare parts supplier performance such as: rejected/ non-compliance parts status, specified name, parts provided, quantities, discrepancies, technical performance, classifications, technical opinion, & recommendations.
- Performs stock re-inspections.
- Performs shipping inspections.
- Monitors and verifies quality in accordance with control processes.
- Ensures that all inspections are properly performed on all completed work in accordance with internal procedures and FAA requirements.
- Files work orders and inspection forms in such a manner that the specific file pertaining to an assembly or unit can be located by the Chief Inspector promptly.
- Conducts preliminary, hidden damage, inspection continuity, and final inspection on items repaired.
- Performs review inspections on aircraft and components to monitor the quality of work performed and the adequacy of standards and equipment.
- Performs occasional/random work package audits to ensure that documentation is maintained in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Performs “self-audits” of internal quality systems, and audits at the request of the customer.
- Assists the Chief Inspector in analyzing and interpreting quality data in order to develop methods, procedures, and systems to improve the Quality Assurance functions.
- Performs special assignments and projects, as directed by the Chief Inspector.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School/ GED
- Desired: A.S. degree in Aviation
- A&P License.
- Generally at least 5-7 years of experience as an aircraft A&P Mechanic.
- Prior Inspector work experience with aerospace quality systems that meet FAA requirements.
- Experience working with and interpreting, precision measurement instruments.