The Senior Analyst will be responsible for the analysis and evaluation of Embraer U.S. business operations with a focus on systems and processes, as they pertain to accounting entries and financial results.
- Analyzes SAP/system reports, transactions, documents, emails, statements, etc. to ensure accuracy of accounting information relating to inventory, sales, rentals, special programs activities, maintenance and repair, manufacturing and other business operations.
- Prepares, enters, analyzes, downloads, summarizes and manages SAP/system entries, text, updates, clearing functions and correcting entries for assigned areas
- Engages in discussions at operational and management levels
- Provides written and verbal instructions, and follow-up until resolved for configuration and transaction issues that generate accounting entries
- Creates and reviews reports of business operations, including sales and purchasing transactions
- Identifies significant trends and areas for management attention
- Analyzes indicators of business activity
- Creates and maintains documentation of policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Manages schedules, documentation and support for internal and external audit activities.
- Coordinates between EAH Finance/Accounting and Embraer U.S. business areas to facilitate communication of financial implications related to process changes, new business requirements and exceptions
- Supports operational areas related to special projects and improvement activities
- Generates and reviews reports of business operations outside of Embraer to assist in Benchmarking activities, identifying improvement opportunities and to support special projects
- Documents improvement opportunities in operational and financial areas
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- CPA / MBA preferred.
- Consultant Level Individual Contributor on a functional group. Generally 8-10 years of experience in a specialized functional discipline in general accounting activities or analysis including evaluation of systems and process controls
- Experience with variance analysis, performance measurement and analytical evaluations are required
- Experience with audit examinations, internal controls documentation, process improvements and lean initiatives is desired
- 1-2 years of public accounting experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge in a specialty area and in all other interrelated tasks and responsibilities of the job function.
- Role takes leadership for applying new processes and skills to improve the function's status quo.
- Strong knowledge of finance fundamentals (budget & analysis).
- Ability to demonstrate people management skills (HR guidelines, tools & policies), value based management fundamentals (Shareholder Satisfaction x Customer Satisfaction x Employee Satisfaction), employment law (sexual harassment, disability, discrimination, labor laws, etc.).
- Business vision & competitiveness skills (Managing innovation, the customer service, growth, and creativity).
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access),
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned