Supports the Tax Director with compiling the information necessary for the quarterly/annual tax provision and the preparation of federal, state and local tax returns. This role will also provide research and documentation for various tax issues related to the operations of the US Group. Assist with tax planning opportunities/implementation for the US Group and other projects as needed and aligned with the parent company.
- Support the quarterly/annual the tax provision and provide supporting documentation.
- Independently researches and analyzes tax issues related to US group entities and business operations.
- Ensures expenditures are accurately recorded in accordance with applicable tax laws and regulations.
- Prepares reports and studies for management attention as requested.
- Assists in preparing the supporting schedules for the various tax positions.
- Remains current with a broad knowledge of the ever-changing tax regulations
- Attends internal management meeting on a regular basis.
- Reviews contracts and financial records to determine potential tax liability.
- Works with business units/corporate areas to determine the potential for various tax refunds.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual industry related surveys as well as Census survey reports.
- Prepares routine and special tax reports as needed.
- Reconciles tax general ledger accounts to work papers and supporting documentation.
- Responds to internal information requests and prepares various on-demand or month-end reports/spreadsheets.
- Responds to requests from various auditors by providing required documents and schedules.
- Prepares backup information including explanation and analysis of transactions and balances.
- Support the Global Business Services group with sales tax reporting and compliance.
- Reviews and responds to various tax notices and state correspondence.
- Analyze and reconcile the book fixed asset records, including exchange pool assets, to the tax records.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's Degree – Accounting or related field.
- Generally, 2-5 years of relevant experience in various aspects of tax accounting, tax consulting and familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Public accounting experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Assists team members in performing data analysis and reconciliations.
- Strong general tax knowledge.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Experience with consolidated financial statements and ability to research technical issues
- Experience with audit examinations, internal controls documentation, process improvements and lean initiatives is desired
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft office ( Word, Excel, and Power Point),.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned.