To provide information and analysis of logistical and business functions, as well as, to take part in the implementation of policies/procedures and systems in order to improve efficiency and streamline processes of the logistics area.
- Analyze processes, value chain mapping, process design and technical specifications.
- Identify and develop continuous improvement opportunities and new processes using the tools and concepts of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Coordinate and lead logistics import and export process projects.
- Compile reports, procedures and standards.
- Report KPI’s (key performance indicators) for the Logistics’ Department.
- Request contract proposal cost estimates.
- Monitor measurements for the relevant processes to ensure goals and objectives are met.
- Participate, create and/or lead training of logistics staff and other key business relationships on logistics import/export processes.
- Education and Experience:
- BS in Business, Logistics, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, or other related course of study.
- APICS (Advancing Productivity, Innovation and Competitive Success) certificate.
- At least 5+ years’ experience in a logistic planning and/or project management role is preferred.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced manufacturing facility preferred.
- Or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Comprehension, understanding and execution of broad practices associated within the field assigned and related fields.
- Applies these understandings in the completion of complex work assignments.
- Aircraft production environment
- Project Management
- Risk analysis
- Systemic vision
- Data analysis and consolidation
- Cope with deadlines and other pressured situations.
- Interact with senior management, and staff.
- Desirable: Manufacturing familiarization, SAP, Lotus Notes. Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
- Performs other duties as assigned.