Airplane Interior Design Engineers specifies, develops, integrates, validates and certifies aircraft interior components or systems.
- Develop Corporate Aircraft Interior components or systems based on market, product and certification requirements in order to guarantee adherence to quality as well as the overall program cost and schedule goals.
- Guarantee the correct interface between interiors installation and hydraulics, electrical, tooling, manufacture and assembly process
- Manage supplier development to assure all requirements achievements
- Elaborate test proposals to validate and verify components and systems to meet the requirements and specifications
- Write certification reports in order to show regulatory agencies requirements compliance
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BS/BA degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Aeronautic Engineering or Material Engineering
- Prior executive aviation interior background is preferred.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in a specialized functional discipline.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Customer focused with good relationship building skills
- Knowledge of executive aircraft and the executive aviation market with particular emphasis on Cabin and Interior
- Demonstrated knowledge of aircraft interior procurement, manufacturing, installation, certification
- Comprehension and understanding of broad practices associated within the field assigned.
- Applies these understandings in the completion of moderately complex work assignments.
- Problem resolution typically centers on less clearly defined issues, requiring more developed interpretation skills and abilities.
- At this level of Individual Professional Contribution, problems take on a more self-identified aspect and proactive resolution without waiting for further guidance from others.
- Projects assigned are more moderately complex and may impact functional groups outside of their own group if not handled properly.
- Errors may cause moderate delays and/or costs to correct.
- Work assignments are increasingly more independent in nature in terms of how issues are identified and resolved.
- Review of work assignments is more periodic than regular in nature and interaction on issues to resolve with supervisor is reserved for more uncommon problems.
- May provide basic advice and guidance to lower level Foundation Associate Workers and Entry Level Specialized Professionals within the scope of a project they are also assigned to
- Proficient computer skills with use of Microsoft office applications.
- Proficient in CATIA is desired. Training will be provided if required
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Must possess good written and oral presentation skills and the ability to communicate ideas effectively to senior management.
- Effective time management and organizational skills; ability to become involved in a number of projects in a fast-paced work environment.
- Portuguese or Spanish language skills a plus
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
- Availability for domestic and international travel
- Must be able to obtain a TSA/SIDA (Secure Identification Display Area) clearance to access secure areas.
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned