*Must have documented aircraft maintenance leadership experience*
Supervises and oversees all active aircraft maintenance workload, resources, and activities at the Embraer Executive Jet Service Center under line and base maintenance requirements. Directly responsible for the day to day activities of all hangar floor operations.
- Track work schedules, supervise aircraft hangar / aircraft leads, coordinate materials and resources to successfully deliver aircraft maintenance and / or modifications on budget and schedule.
- Work closely with management to assure Quality, compliance, dependability, reliability, Training, and Continuing Safety policies are strictly adhered to.
-Responsible for all activities of the maintenance planning and production control area in the hangar.
- Track and report daily maintenance productivity performance.
-Handle team related issues for assigned team members and work with maintenance manager to police and enforce code of conduct and ethics.
- Cover hangar operations for absent Lead(s) by delegating duties to experienced technicians.
- Coach, assist and supervise Team members in proper work procedures and practices.
- Ensure Team members observe and comply with all company policies and procedures towards performance metrics and report progress.
- Review manpower requirements to achieve performance metrics. Including the review of scheduling of vacation times and time-off with Maintenance Manager.
- Coordinate support from outside services (Treatment, Cleaning, Fuel trucks, NDT, etc.)
- Perform monthly production planning towards achieving (sales) performance metrics by working closely with the Maintenance Sales and Management Team.
- Coordinate activities around implementation of new product / service line development (new revenue stream such as component repair business; batteries, wheel/tire ass’y, etc.)
- Develop, lead and participate in P3E Continuous Improvement Projects
- Understand the budget of applicable accounts to maintain cost, reduce waste and optimize non-billable time. Follow metrics and make continuous improvement to support budget metrics.
- Participate in capital improvement projects and equipment acquisitions.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Associates Degree or high school graduate with technical training and knowledge normally achieved through graduation from a university or equivalent experience.
- Experience supervising and/or directing workgroups
- A successful track record and experience with process improvement in maintenance and/or production environments
- Experience in positions requiring budget understanding, resource forecasting and management, and workload planning in maintenance.
- Generally 2-4 years of experience in People Management.
- Plus years verifiable hands-on experience spent in the repair, maintenance, overhaul or manufacture of Executive Business Jets.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- FAA A&P license Desired
- Supervisory, planning and scheduling experience.
- High level communication skills, written and verbal.
- Understand, read and write English
- Bilingual (English with Portuguese or Spanish) a plus.
- Ability to coach and motivate.
- Strong presence on maintenance/ production floor continuously driving improvement.
- Analytical problem solving ability, process oriented.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Desirable: Experience in ERP systems (AS-400, SAP) and Oracle (Quantum, Corridor)
Working Conditions / Environment / Special Requirements:
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position, must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 "Respirator Protection" regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Less than 15% travel requirements.
- Ensures employment law, work security/safety rules, and company policy and procedures compliance.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms, policies, directives, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), ENS, company policies and procedures.
-Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information (ENS-002495)
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
-The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned.