This individual will be responsible for all aspects of financial reporting including financial statements, IFRS – technical documentation and researching.
- Ensure that US Group complies with Parent Company’s regulations and professional standards
- Assist the Controller in directing the organization’s accounting functions which include establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures
- Responsible for managing the preparation and distribution of financial statements with related footnote disclosures for external use.
- Work with outside auditors and other departments to ensure deadlines are met
- Maintain relations and communications with Parent Company to ensure alignment on technical accounting issues
- Research and document US Group accounting issues to ensure compliance
- Establish and maintain standardization of accounting policies for the US Group in accordance with Parent Company.
- Analyzes system trial balances, entries, transactions, to ensure compliance and recommends corrective actions when needed to assigned areas
- Engages in discussions at operational and management levels
- Provides written and verbal instructions on accounting practice changes, and follow-up until resolved for configuration and transaction issues that generate accounting entries
- Identifies significant trends and areas for management attention
- Analyzes indicators of business activity
- Creates and maintains documentation of policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Manages schedules, documentation and support for internal and external audit activities.
- Coordinates between EAH Finance and other U.S. business areas to facilitate communication of financial implications related to process changes, new business requirements and exceptions
- Supports operational areas related to special projects, continuous improvements, business development and complex accounting transactions
- Documents improvement opportunities in operational and financial areas
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- CPA or MBA required.
- Consultant Level Individual Contributor on a functional group.
- Generally, 6-10 years of relevant experience and familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience with complex accounting transactions and ability to research technical issues
- Experience with audit examinations, internal controls documentation, process improvements and lean initiatives is desired
- 2-4 years of public accounting experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Extensive technical accounting knowledge and familiarity with accepted accounting practices.
- Role takes leadership for applying new processes and skills to improve the function's status quo.
- Ability to demonstrate people management skills (HR guidelines, tools & policies), value-based management fundamentals (Shareholder Satisfaction x Customer Satisfaction x Employee Satisfaction), employment law (sexual harassment, disability, discrimination, labor laws, etc.).
- Business vision & competitiveness skills (Managing innovation, the customer service, growth, and creativity).
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access),
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned