Perform routine preventive maintenance on equipment to ensure that machines continue to run efficiently and smoothly.
- Inspect electrical connections, wiring, relays, charging resistance boxes, and batteries, following wiring diagrams.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions.
- Record maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Record production, repair, and machine maintenance information.
- Clean machines and machine parts, using cleaning solvents, cloths, air guns, vacuums or other equipment.
- Clean or lubricate vehicles, machinery, equipment, instruments, tools using hand tools, power tools, and cleaning equipment.
- Disassemble broken or defective equipment in order to facilitate repair.
- Install or replace machinery, equipment, and new or replacement parts using hand tools or power tools.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Inventory and requisition machine parts, equipment, and other supplies.
- Assist in preparation, inspection, equipment assemblies and components that offer risks to people and environments.
- Check validity dates on all accessories and components of special equipment.
- Apply requirements in standards and procedures of special equipment.
- Ensure and control validity dates of all accessories and components of special equipment.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced Technician Role, requiring Advanced Skills to perform all standard tasks within the Technical Area assigned to.
- Generally, at least 5-7 years of experience in area of responsibility
- Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical power supply highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Need to have experience with hand tools and pneumatic tools.
- High degree of technical aptitude and skill to learn the function and repair of plant production equipment.
- Self-starter able to take direction, problem solves to repair and maintain equipment and systems.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position, must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 "Respirator Protection" regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required