Position drives the development, organization, administration, and continuous improvement of EHS programs within the organization; including P3E. Position coordinates and conducts inspections, monitoring, sampling, testing and record-keeping as required to ensure compliance with environmental permits, plans, laws and regulations. EHS Specialist will be responsible to review, revise and coordinated activities with applicable SOPs. Position will also conduct, formulate, and / or coordinate training for personnel. Position conducts internal audits and coordinates compliance activities.
- Coordinates activities to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations related to environmental, health and safety requirements.
- Develops applicable SOPs; creates or acquires related safety training programs, coordinated implementation of safety programs; maintains required records; submits required reports.
- Conducts safety and environmental audits and inspections.
- Coordinates or conducts required environmental and safety orientations and training for company new employees and contractors.
- Perform environmental audits and maintain records for local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
- Assists with incident management, incident investigations, incident prevention and hazard recognition initiatives. Performs hazard assessments as required and / or as directed.
- Coordinates with local management with regard to reporting of safety and/or environmental incidents.
- Perform functions related to hazardous waste including collection of contaminated wastes, organizing material for segregation using applicable waste codes. Prepares material and manifests for hazardous waste shipment.
- Occasional travel between facilities within a geographical region to support the EH&S requirements.
- Any other duties as assigned within the scope of the EH&S field.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Prefer a Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Degree in Engineering Science, Environmental, Health, and Safety field or related
- Prefer 5 + years of experience in areas of responsibility: Environmental, Health, and Safety. Broad knowledge and/or understanding and experience applicable to OSHA, EPA, and DOT regulations required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong technical knowledge and sound judgment
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word, PowerPoint, and proprietary EH&S Software.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements:
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position, must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 "Respirator Protection" regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work at heights utilizing lift equipment utilizing personal fall arrest systems.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned.